Ballet Summer Intensives in the US #

Brooke Squire, 20.08.2013 10:32:34

Hello everybody,

This new school year (2014) I am wanting to do a summer intensive. I know it's still very early, but I want to be prepared on time.

I have checked nearly every single professional dance school in europe and they just don't seem to offer as many classes as they promise in the US! This is a real pain, because I would like to do things like Jazz, Modern, Flamenco, Drama, Nutrition, Stage Make Up, Music theory along side the standards like tecnique, pas de deus, and repertoire- but only the ones in the US offer everything at once!!!

Especially for people that aren't 'swimming' in money can't afford to participate, let alone audition for these amazing courses!

So here's my question:

Does anybody know of a summer intensive that offers a WIDE RANGE of highly interessting courses and subjects, but is IN EUROPE?

Has anybody had experiences with american ballet intensives- and if yes, is it really worth it to invest?

Thank you for your time and helpful answers,

GrandJete :)
Re: Ballet Summer Intensives in the US #

Diane (moderator), 20.08.2013 11:16:54

Hi!
Yes, you are correct, there is not the tradition of summer intensives over here, and so there are still not that many to choose from, nor do they offer quite the range of classes which are common in the USA.

(the USA has - as far as I can tell - longer summer holidays than most of Europe, so the intensives can be longer and can encompass more; perhaps that is one reason it is not so common here?)

You can have a look at this site: http://dancers.invisionzone.com/
There are forums there devoted to summer intensives; mostly in the US, but maybe someone has also posted something about Europe? (you will have to register to see /post in the summer-intensive forums, I think)

Then, if/when you find something out, please let us know here!

cheers,
-d-

LETZTE BEITRÄGE 'TANZ IM TEXT'

GANZ UND GAR NICHT KAFKAESK

Mauro de Candias „Home, Sweet Home” am Theater Osnabrück
Veröffentlicht am 20.11.2017, von Marieluise Jeitschko

BEWEGUNGSERKUNDUNGEN

Das diesjährige Spielart-Festival zeigte sechs Tanzperformances
Veröffentlicht am 20.11.2017, von Natalie Broschat

90 JAHRE LOLA ROGGE SCHULE IN HAMBURG

Jubiläumsfest am 25.11.17 mit Tanzprogramm in der Lola Rogge Schule im Kiebitzhof ab 15 Uhr, Landwehr 11-13, 22087 Hamburg
Veröffentlicht am 19.11.2017, von Anzeige

LETZTE FORENBEITRÄGE

"IM AUFSCHWUNG IX", DAS BUNDESJUGENDBALLETT IM HAMBURGER ERNST-DEUTSCH-THEATER, 14.11.2017

Rubrik: Publikumsrezensionen

DIE KLEINE MEERJUNGFRAU (NEUMEIER), HAMBURG BALLETT, 08.11.2017

SCHWANENSEE (BURMEISTER, IVANOV), STANISLAWSKI THEATER, MOSKAU, 27.10.2017

MATTHÄUS-PASSION (BACH/NEUMEIER), GASTSPIEL DES HAMBURG BALLETT IN MOSKAU, 25.10.2017

JOHN NEUMEIERS „MATTHÄUS-PASSION“ ERSTMALS IN RUSSLAND (25.10.)

Rubrik: Hamburg

TEAMBUILDING - HAT DAMIT JEMAND ERFAHRUNGEN?

Rubrik: Off Topic! Allgemeines und Privates

LE CORSAIRE (PETIPA, RATMANSKY), MOSKAU, BOLSCHOI-BALLETT, 22.10.17

LA BAJADÈRE (PETIPA/BART), BAYERISCHES STAATSBALLETT, 14.10.2017

BITTE UM TEILNAHME AN MEINER UMFRAGE! GANZ WICHTIG!

Rubrik: Tanzhochschulen, professionelle Tanzausbildungen

EMPFEHLUNG FÜR TANZSCHULEN IN BERLIN

Rubrik: Tanzausbildung Schüler

BEI UNS IM SHOP